Thursday, May 26, 2011

Embrace Your Seafoam Green


Why is this man crying? Like many of us, he probably has a seafoam green Bathroom. There are lots of us - me included - who are lucky to own well-built, 1960's era houses. The bad news is that many of them still have original Bathrooms decked in fleshy pink, pearly grey and yes - seafoam green.

A friend called recently to ask what to do about her childrens' Bathroom. She wasn't ready to bite into a big reno but she was stumped on how to disguise the telltale , dated green tile. My answer? Embrace the seafoam, my friend. Sometimes the most successful way to a room is to work with what you have instead of against it.

The solution? Add big 6" matching green horizontal stripes to a white wall and make the existing green wall tile look intentional. Splurge to change out the brown vanity and toilet for new, white ones. Add a white shower curtain and roman shade trimmed in navy and viola! A crisp, sporty 'new' Children's Bath for minimal investment. I'll post pictures soon.

In the meantime, here are a few seafoam green rooms that are truly beautiful without compromise.




Domino


Design Sponge via High-Heeled Foot in the Door


Kimberley Ayers via Decor
via Decor Pad


via Decor Pad

2 comments:

  1. Your suggestions are exactly what I needed. My girls bathroom is the sadest excuse for a room and needs a redo. I am inspired to get creative this summer! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me crazy...I love sea foam green :)

    ReplyDelete