Sunday, February 27, 2011

Signs of Spring



Ahhh....signs of spring. The crocus popping up in the yard...



......and the major cleaning going on in the house.

As some of you know my husband, Chris, has been out of the country for several weeks. Now I wouldn't say I'm a pig, but the girls and I do tend to lower our standards a bit when he's gone. I have my "things" - I have to have the sink smile back at me in the morning, empty and sparkly. But with mud season upon us I must admit that I have all but given up on scrubbing the floors. Dark espresso stained floors are gorgeous and make me happy enough that I'd do it again but they do show e-v-e-r-y thing.


Maybe it's the hint of warmer weather- or let me be honest - the impending arrival home of my husband, but I've gone into a cleaning frenzy. I'm talking scrubbing the baseboards kind of cleaning which, if you know me well, is not my normal routine. I even got the girls their own pairs of glamorous cleaning gloves in an effort to encourage a little more enthusiasm around here for cleaning.


I will share a new trick with you. I purchased some cute little lemony hanging sachets at Home Goods recently. When I got them out of the package the lemon scent was hit-you-over-the-head overwhelming. I immediately hung them in the Garage just outside the Mud Room door to deal with at a later date. It turns out that when you walk past the sachets and into the house you are met with a lemony cleaning kind of scent that makes it smell like I just scrubbed the Kitchen! I think I'll go back to the store and stock up in case of emergency. Just don't tell my husband my clever secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment