Friday, February 25, 2011

A "Dandy" New Print

I'm so excited to introduce the new "Dandy" fabric which I'm adding to the line for spring. I addition to the big scale white on navy and white on bright green, I've just approved a sample of a new, pale sky-blue color way that is dreamy. I thought I'd show you how this print started.


This is a picture of the seed pod that my daughter, Mugsy, and I found on a wintry walk last year. It's almost bald now because it's been sitting on the base of my monitor for a year )and been the target of the cat from time to time) but when it was whole it had lots of those cool little spikes.



I thought the pod would make a beautiful block print. Then I thought that a whole field of these pods drifting down a run of fabric would be stunning so on to the computer it went. A few (million) strike offs from the mill later and here's the final product. "Dandy" is a large repeat on a heavyweight cotton twill - great for upholstery and pillows. Enjoy!


And here's the original "pods" in the island colorway along with "sticks" in light blue. This organic cotton sateen has such a smooth face it almost looks and feels like silk.

No comments:

Post a Comment